Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday Ashlyn and Jillian

Today is the girls birthday. I sit here and reflect on so much about where we were 3 years ago. I was on hospital bed rest and I woke up to bleeding. I had a emergency C-section and as each of my girls were pulled out I could just see a team of nurses and doctors looking over each of them. I would say there was about 5 to each girl. I remember asking if they were Ok. I never got to hold my girls the day they were born. Ashlyn was shown to me from a distance before they rushed her to the NICU and Jillian I got to spend a moment with her and touch her sweet little face. I was in recovery for what seemed like days and I had no idea what was going on with my girls. Once in my room I saw pictures of them on my sister in laws cell phone and I just waited for Jeff to get back to report to me how they were doing(he was at the NICU with them). They next day I woke up in extreme neck pain I chalked it up to sleeping wrong it was so bad it hurt to hold my head up. I was later diagnosed with a spinal tap headache. I finally saw the girls and got to hold them at 2 the next day! A moment that took my breathe away! This is where Jeff and I decided who Baby A would be and Baby B would be. 3 years has gone by and I still have moments where they take my breathe away these two sweet girls are an amazing blessing. My heart is full and they bring me so much laughter and love. Happy Birthday Ashlyn and Jillian Mommy and Daddy love you so much!

Here are just a few recent pics of the girls. I promise to post pics of their birthday party as soon as I get copies of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment