Sunday, August 16, 2009

August 16, 2008

A year ago today Jeff and I were making babies:) On August 13, 2008 I had my egg retrieval done and we had a 3 day transfer. We went down to the Infertility Surgical Center in Irvine on Saturday morning, August 16, 2008 and they sent us back into this little room to get dressed into our attire. Once we were ready they wheeled me into the surgical room and Jeff followed. This was exciting for us because Jeff got to be in the room with me. Basically a cathetar is placed in me and then a long needle is placed into the cathetar which holds the embroyos. On a monitor Jeff and I got to watch as the embroyos were placed inside. I can still picture all of it in my head and it is just amazing. After the procedure they wheeled us back into our little room where we got ready and I laid on the bed for an hour. From there I had to lay flat the whole way home. For the next seven days I had to lay in bed flat couldn't even sit up only to eat. I was only able to get up to go to the bathroom and thats it. No shower no nothing! It was really only supposed to be 5 days, but Jeff insisited I lay there another 2. I think he liked the fact that I couldn't move and he could do anything in the house. We can't believe its been a year and now here we are holding our little ones:)

Here is Jeff in his attire! He was so excited!


Here I am nothing flattering about it. A hospital gown and a hair net thing.


Were ready to be parents:)


Here are the 3 embroyos that were placed in me. So crazy to think one of them is Ashlyn and one of them is Jillian. They both wanted to go through this life together and we couldn't be more blessed.

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm so glad you are doing this blog - it makes my day everytime i look at it! I can't believe it was a year already - how time flies when you are having fun! :)
    Love you!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this. It's amazing.....everything you've been through. I can't wait to come visit and see your little miracles in action. Love you! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lindsay,

    The girls are growing quickly. I'm so happy for you and Jeff. I enjoyed reading your "looking back" blogs. It's an incredible miracle, isn't it? We have embryo photos of Loriana. They amaze me, too. I've got them in her scrapboook, though they are tucked away so not everyone can see them. I know the whole IVF thing freaks some people out. I, on the other hand, think we are so lucky to have such amazing science available.

    Lorrell

    ReplyDelete