Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Jillian

Let me first begin this with explaining me. I have pretty much been a germaphobe for years. At work when someone was sick I would spray their office with Lysol and pretty much spray them. I am bad. When the girls were born preemies I didn't think much of it rather then them learning how to eat and needing time to grow. Well that changed when the NICU nurses and our peditrician made it clear that anyone who touched the girls had to wash their hands first and if anyone was sick to keep the girls away. Basically we were told if the girls get sick it can get bad. Pretty much my germaphobe-ness(I know so not a word) has kicked into high gear and its really bad now. I was getting Jillian ready for bed and she felt warm to me and I also noticed that she had slept more that day more then usual. As I was getting her undressed her body just felt hot I went and got the thermometer and checked her temp it went to 102, I checked it again and it went to 104. By this time I am calling the doctor and apparently I was taking the temp wrong. I needed vaseline and I needed to stick the thermometer in farther. Jeff is now feeding Ashlyn at this time and I am a mess tearing apart every cupboard in our home looking for vaseline. Jeff is watching me like a tennis match his head going back and forth with no words(but I know he was thinking my wife is nuts). I called my friend/neighbor Jamie and she came over with vaseline. I took Jillians temp the correct way and it was 101. She ran a temp all weekend and on Monday I took her in. Poor thing had a bladder infection doctors don't know why infants get them so we have a follow up ultrasound to check her kidneys. Jillian ran a temp all week getting up to 103.7. Although she was running a temp she was still all smiles. Such a sweet girl:) I had to take these pictures of her. We are trying to cool her down with washclothes.


Her and her friend Ducky cuddling


Trying to get cooled down





Her and Ducky having a deep conversation about how she hasn't been able to play with him because she has been sick


Feeling better with Ducky by her side

No comments:

Post a Comment