Wednesday, March 25, 2009

14 days in the hospital

Yes I am couting the days! So yesterday was a good day because I got to shower. I am able to take a shower every 3 days and let me tell you I could stay in there all day long. I have become friends with a lot of the nurses they have been really great to me and when you are up at 12 a.m. and 3 a.m. and 6 a.m. you mine as well get to the know the person that keeps waking you up. Today I met a nurse that was here in antepartum for 3 months. Her and I talked for a couple of hours and she gave me such wonderful advice on how to stay sane here in the hospital. She said one day she even counted all the holes in one of the ceiling tiles. Now I haven't gotten to that point yet. I don't know how but my days go by pretty quick its my nights that seem to drag on and whats weird is I do not like going to sleep. I can't get comfortable anymore and its almost like I just wait for the sun to rise because its like WHOOHOO my stay here is getting shorter and shorter. My morning starts off with breakfast and then the nurse comes in and does the fetal monitoring of the babies, which is two monitors strapped around my stomach and they listen to the babies heart and watch the heart rate. Then there is another monitor strapped to my stomach which records my contractions. Now this process should only take 20 minutes, but nope not with me. Baby B is such a mover it takes us a 1/2 an hour just to catch her. She is always kicking and wiggling and moving around its so great to see and feel. Thats our active one. She takes after Jeff already. While Baby A we find as soon as the monitor is placed on my stomach. So the monitoring usually lasts around an hour to 2 hours. Then after that believe it or not I am exhausted because they have me in all these weird positions just to get Baby B. Well if you are still reading this post Thank You because I pretty much just rambled.

2 comments:

  1. Read every word! Lindsay, if you rambled for pages upon pages, trust your friends, we'd read every word!!! Awesome news about the girls!!! Keep up the GREAT work, you're doing AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto on what Alison said!!! i can only imagine how crazy you must be.... BUT, the longer the better!!!! less chance for NICU. don't get me wrong, the NICU nurses are wonderful and the babies will be awesome... BUT, to have them with you when they arrive would be so incredibly special!!! (and less stressful than the NICU experience that i had.) :) love you!!!

    ReplyDelete